The Department of Design brings you the Print Lab. A place that brings your creativity to life. Print, scan, cut, make; learn what your creativity looks like in the real world.
Please make an appointment to access the lab. Click the button below to find a time that works for you. Make appointments for Printing, Scanning, and any other service that will take more than a few minutes.
*On rolls 1″ less than the width
Large format fine art prints. Quality archival photo paper, with matte and semi-gloss options. Print from 8x10 up to 44" wide.
Scan on photo quality Epson scanners. Four 9x12 scanning beds and one 12x17. Scan documents, artwork, photos, film, etc.
Cut vinyl lettering for your show. Create stencils for text or for screen printing. Design shapes to throw up anywhere.
Prototyping ABS 3D prints. Up to 6x6x6 or 9x11x13 scaled printing. Multiple resolutions. STL and OBJ files accepted.
Zicoto Vinyl Stickers
We now offer both glossy and matte vinyl sticker paper. We also offer an optional “Kiss-Cut” for low run orders.
Due to the nature of the process, a max of 8 pages per appointment is allowed for Kiss-Cut orders.
If you would like Kiss-Cut click the button to download the Illustrator template. One artboard per file. Add your artwork to the “Design” layer and add your cut lines to the “Cut” layer.
Cut lines and bleed are required to be added by you. Additionally prep your file with the following steps:
- Convert any fonts to Outlines.
- Embed any raster images or include a folder of them when you submit your file.
You will then load the “.ai” (illustrator) file to the Print Lab’s print station as normal.
Training and assistance on this process are contingent on TA availability and knowledge base.
Send Your Queries
Brigham Young University
Print Lab Policies
- This is not an open lab. Please do not use it for editing or content creation.
- No Food or Drink in the lab.
- We only accept payments using Signature Cards (Cougar Cash).
- Service is contingent upon your respect for the Print Lab TA.
- Direct any concerns, complaints, compliments to the Manager email@example.com
- Give yourself at least half an hour for each print job.
- If you are absent while your piece is printing, full price is charged regardless of final print quality.